I’m so psyched for ‘Class of 1999‘ on Blu-ray from Vestron Video. This sci-fi thriller was part of my video collection when I was younger and I watched it all the time. Basically, this is about a high-school that puts in robotic teachers to keep the peace in school, but it turns into a real ‘Westworld‘ type of situation when the robot teachers start killing students. It’s then up to the kids to fight back. It stars Pam Grier, Stacy Keach, and Malcolm McDowell, which it doesn’t get cooler than that. There are new commentaries and interviews for bonus features. The Blu-ray will be released on January 30th, 2018 in a limited edition and I can’t be more excited about this if I tried to be.
The time is the future, and youth gang violence is so high that the areas around some schools have become “free fire zones” into which not even the police will venture. When Miles Langford
(Malcolm McDowell), the principal of Kennedy High School, decides to take his school back from the gangs, robotics specialist Dr. Robert Forrest (Stacy Keach) provides “tactical education units.” These human-like androids have been programmed to teach and are supplied with weapons to handle discipline problems. These kids will get a lesson in staying alive!
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- Audio Commentary with Producer-Director Mark L. Lester
- “School Safety” Interviews with Producer-Director Mark L. Lester and Co-Producer Eugene Mazzola
- “New Rules” Interview with Screenwriter C. Courtney Joyner
- “Cyber-Teachers from Hell” Interviews with Special Effects Creators Eric Allard and Rick Stratton
- “Future of Discipline” Interview with Director of Photography Mark Irwin
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery
- Video Promo
Pam Grier Jackie Brown, Coffy, Scream Blacula Scream, Foxy Brown
Stacy Keach American History X, The Bourne Legacy, Cell
Malcolm McDowell A Clockwork Orange, Halloween, Rob Zombie’s 31