Welcome to the brand new show on the Multi-Media Men Podcast Network called “The Music Medics“, a show dedicated to music, musicians, albums, records, and more, along with some other wild segments. Hosts Bryan Kluger from Boomstick Comics, High Def Digest, and Screen Rant along with Eric Braem of The Level team up for some infectious discussions on the music industry, vintage, and new albums, musicians, interviews, and more. This 1st episode is all about Christmas music and albums you should definitely listen to.
In the 1st episode, Eric and Bryan discuss how they met in college at the University of Kansas, their radio show at 90.7 KJHK, and their love of music. They then do a deep dive of some of the best Christmas albums, songs, and more, which guaranteed to get your toes tapping and that egg nogg flowing.
We asked a question to Reddit as well, which was – “What musician/band do you want to see do a Christmas album but hasn’t yet?” Head over to Reddit to read our listener’s responses.
And don’t forget to visit iTunes , Stitcher , I Heart Radio, and Spotify to subscribe to our podcast. You can also email us at email@example.com. Enjoy the show and see you next week! Thank you for listening.
Eric The Cap’n Braem’s Christmas Playlist
These top tunes don’t appear on perfect Christmas albums but are sure to create ample holiday cheer and joy.
- A rollicking gem of a jam and funny as… hell.
- No doubt the best version of this song, with very creative backing vocals, and Elvis on top of his vibrato skills.
- Warm, cozy, and gentle (Canadians, naturally), with a swaying hook. Another of Sloan’s Christmas songs I like is the title track to the Kids Come Back at Christmas, which “December 25” appears on.
- I’m not a huge CtR fan, but he’s great on this one, laid back and instead of manic and high pitched. He lets someone else do the singing; smart. Available for free at chanceraps.com.
- These New Zealanders breathe some serious life and a monster guitar solo into an overplayed classic.
- Most kids probably didn’t know how much they wanted to unwrap a hippopotamus before hearing this.
- I’m still working on figuring out all the lyrics, but this surf-and-garage-inspired K-rock band’s song is a holiday de-stressor.
- Think “a disco Christmas version of Right Said Fred’s ‘I’m Too Sexy’ done in a faux German accent.” Better yet, don’t think, just enjoy.
- Hard funk with hard facts about Santa’s dietary habits.
- It’s perfect. ‘Nuff said.
- Willie’s iconic, original voice and the upbeat refrain perhaps disguise this Willie Nelson original’s message to be charitable at an extra difficult time of year for many.
- Christmas Caravan is a very interesting album full of originals, but the rousing, big-band-style “Sleigh Ride” could lift any spirit and might be the best recorded version of the song.
- Arguably a Christmas classic. As silly as “Grandma Got Runover By a Reindeer” but a thousand times more listenable.
- Almost an anti-Christmas song, but this secret song (remember those, 90s kids?) strikes me as just… real. If you’re suffering from heartache at Christmas, Art Alexakis has your back.
- There’s a tragic lack of great Hanukkah songs amongst the glut of Christmas songs, but the late, great Sharon Jones and the Daptone Records house band delivered, of course. Those quick horn hits for every day are fire, and It’s a Holiday Soul Party is a very good album straight through.