The third and final installment (thus far) in the ‘Re-Animator‘ film franchise comes ‘Beyond Re-Animator‘ from 2003 and directed by Brian Yuzna who was a producer on the original ‘Re-Animator‘ movie. This third film is a ton of fun and still packs the insane amount of gore these films are known for. Set about a decade after the first film, it follows our favorite doctor (played by Jeffrey Combs) who is in prison now and still trying to perfect his experiment of bringing the dead back to life as we’ve seen in the previous movies.
Since he is in prison, he is mostly trying to bring rats back to life, but when another intern doctor comes to help out with his experiments and the warden wants to bring back his love interest, all goes to hell in a prison riot, where the undead are running rampant. The blood and guts are non-stop and the horror-comedy is at an all-time high. Vestron Video delivers new video and audio presentations here along with some new bonus features which are listed out below.
After causing the Miskatonic University Massacre, Dr. Herbert West has been serving a prison sentence for the past 14 years. When Howard, a new young doctor, comes to work as the prison MD and requests Dr. West’s assistance, Dr. West discovers that Howard has something he left behind 14 years ago….
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- Audio Commentary with Director Brian Yuzna
- NEW – Isolated Score Selections & Audio Interview with Composer Xavier Capellas
- NEW – “Beyond & Back” – An Interview with Director Brian Yuzna
- NEW – “Death Row Sideshow” – An Interview with Actor Jeffrey Combs
- NEW – “Six Shots By Midnight” – An Interview with S. T. Joshi, author of I Am Providence: The Life and Times of H.P. Lovecraft
- NEW – Production Art Gallery by Illustrator Richard Raaphorst
- Still Gallery
- Vintage EPK Featurette
- “Dr. Reanimator – Move Your Dead Bones” Music Video
- Theatrical Trailer
Please listen to the review in podcast form below.