Hi everyone, Bryan Here….


Interestingly enough, the guy who brought us ‘The Evil Dead‘ and the guy who played ‘The Drunken Master‘ (Sam Raimi and Jackie Chan respectively), have teamed up to create a joint venture film company in China called Allegory Films. There’s a third amigo here too by the name of Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, which is the director of ‘The Tourist’. The company is slated to make at least two films a year with Jackie Chan holding a 60% stake in the studio and the other 40% going to von Donnersmarck and Raimi.


This could be very cool in that you have an excellent genre filmmaker and an impressive actor teaming up to bring new content from new filmmakers. I love when things like this happen. It just proves that the filmmakers and actors we love, indeed have a passion for film. What if we get a Drunken Master remake with an ‘Evil Dead‘ like scenario? That would be so awesome. If anything, it would be better than the new ‘Rush Hour‘ tv series.


By Bryan Kluger

Former husky model, real-life Comic Book Guy, genre-bending screenwriter, nude filmmaker, hairy podcaster, pro-wrestling idiot-savant, who has a penchant for solving Rubik's Cubes and rolling candy cigarettes on unreleased bootlegs of Frank Zappa records.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *