Hey guys, Jana here,
Time to experience Sam Raimi’s ‘Army of Darkness‘ like never before with an all new collector’s edition. This special edition comes with everything, interviews with the stars, alternate endings, audio commentaries, exclusive production sketches and so much more!
In this sequel to the Evil Dead films, a discount-store employee (“Name’s Ash. Housewares.”) is time-warped to a medieval castle beset by monstrous forces. Initially mistaken for an enemy, he is soon revealed as the prophecised savior who can quest for the Necronomicon, a book which can dispel the evil. Unfortunately, he screws up the magic words while collecting the tome, and releases an army of skeletons, led by his own Deadite counterpart. What follows is a thrilling, yet tongue-in-cheek battle between Ash’s 20th Century tactics and the minions of darkness.
This Special 3-Disc Blu-ray set features four, count ’em, FOUR versions of the film and will be available October 27, 2015! Included in this edition is the Theatrical Cut of the film, the Director’s Cut (including 15 minutes of extra footage), the International Cut and the TV version (in standard definition). Besides the four cuts of the film, the bonus content will keep you busy for hours and hours, all neatly arranged in a special 3-Disc Blu-ray set!
If you’re a loyal collector of ‘Army of Darkness‘ or all things Bruce Campbell, you’re going to want to make sure you order directly from ShoutFactory.com. Why? It comes with an exclusive 18″x24″ poster featuring newly commissioned artwork but be sure you get it shipped two weeks early! Another boon for the collector is the case itself, a newly collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork and a reversible cover wrap featuring original theatrical key art. So pre-order your copy here.
Final details on ‘Army of Darkness‘ Collector’s Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray set as follows:
DISC ONE (Theatrical Version – 81 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
• NEW Medieval Times: The Making Of ‘Army Of Darkness‘ featuring interviews with star & co-producer Bruce Campbell, actors Marcus Gilbert, Ted Raimi, Timothy Quill, Richard Grove, Bill Moseley, Patricia Tallman and Angela Featherstone, director of photography Bill Pope, editor Bob Murawski, production designer Anthony Tremblay, composer Joseph Lo Duca, costume designer Ida Gearon, special make-up effects artists Howard Berger, Tony Gardner, Robert Kurtzman and Greg Nicotero, “Pit Bitch” performer and effects artist William Bryan, mechanical effects artist Gary Jones, first assistant director John Cameron, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and stunt coordinator Christopher Doyle (96 min.)
• Original Ending
• Original Opening With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
• Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV Spots
• Home Video Promo
DISC TWO (Director’s Cut – 96 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
• Audio Commentary with director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell and co-writer Ivan Raimi
• NEW Additional Behind-The-Scenes Footage From KNB Effects (55 min.)
• Vintage Creating The Deadites Featurette (21 min.)
• Vintage “Making Of” Featurette
• Extended Interview Clips with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert
DISC THREE (International Cut – 88 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
• NEW 4K Scan Of The International Inter-positive
• Television Version With Additional Footage (90 min., Standard Definition (1.33:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0)
• Theatrical Trailer
• NEW Still Galleries With Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos from production designer Anthony Tremblay, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and special make-up effects artists Tony Gardner and KNB EFX, Inc. (Over 200 Stills)
• NEW Still Gallery Of Props And Rare Photos from the collection of super fan Dennis Carter Jr.
• NEW Storyboards for Deleted or Alternate Scenes
Vintage The Men Behind The Army Featurette (19 min.)