We are one week away from the big L.A. premiere of Avengers: Endgame. The embargo on critics reviews will lift shortly after that and the internet will be the wild west of spoilers for two days until the movie is released. I have succesfully avoided spoilers like the plague for Avengers: Endgame. I got off of Twitter last year and deleted Facebook in January (not because of Endgame), so it is very easy to avoid spoilers. I dabble in Reddit for news sometimes but don’t subscribe to any “spoiler” groups, and I still plan to stay offline starting that day in case anything makes the home page. Now even though I am leak and spoiler adverse, I have watched every single trailer and TV spot and spend way too much of my adult time speculating what will happen. I was also in the Wal-Mart toy aisle yesterday and saw the Avengers: Endgame figures so that tipped me off too. So here is what I think will happen based on that…
I’ll get the easy ones out of the way first:
- Everyone dusted in the snap comes back.
- Hulk and Banner become one and he can control Hulk. This is based on the popcorn buckets where Hulk’s face is Mark Ruffalo and the toys that have him wearing clothes that I saw in Wal-Mart.
- The Avengers who survived go to fight Thanos early in the movie and likely lose. I base this on the trailers where Captain Marvel is in the room saying it will be different this time because they have her and no one seems to have aged.
- Cap says “Avengers Assemble!”
- Hawkeye’s family is dusted.
Now for the harder predictions that seem to fit:
- After they lose to Thanos early in the movie they get depressed and down. I think this is where we see Captain America at his support group.
- I am guessing Iron Man returns at this point with Nebula. I am assuming that Nebula and Tony can fill in some more blanks on the Infinity Stones.
- Ant-Man will come out of the Quantum Realm and find the Avengers. He will either know about alternate dimensions or time travel. I base this on what Janet spoke about in Ant-Man & The Wasp.
- The Avengers go into the Quantum Realm to either time travel or go to alternate dimensions to steal the Infinity Stones. We see them all in Quantum suits and I am guessing Ant-Man says they can go back in time and find the stones so that Thanos never gets them at all. OR they go to alternate dimensions to take stones so they can have stones too. Gauntlet v gauntlet.
- Thanos either finds out what they are doing or they go and find him and have to fight him again. This time they have Hulk, Thor, Captain Marvel, & Ant-Man.
- At some point through their Quantum Realm shennanigans the snap is undone and all the dead heroes return. Since it appeared that Thanos’ gauntlet seemed damaged at the end of Infinity War, I am assuming he can’t just snap again but he still has some powers. All the Avengers we have ever seen all work together and go fight Thanos and his army as a team. They kill him but I am guessing Iron Man or Cap die in a sacrificial manner protecting the other.
- Cap will do something awesome like wield Stormbreaker (Thor’s axe) or die using the gauntlet. He will have a truly badass moment we will all talk about.
- Movie ends with Cap/Iron Man dead and the other one retiring. Hulk and Hawkeye also “retire”. Based on the trailers for Spider-Man Far From Home, I assume Peter Parker quits The Avengers team and wants to stay a kid. New Avengers team is led by Captain Marvel and includes: Falcon, Winter Soldier, Wanda, Black Widow, Doctor Strange, & Vision.
- Thor goes to found a new Asgard somewhere.
- The Guardians go off to space again.
- Black Panther returns to rule Wakanda.
There are my predicitions. I think the movie will actually feel like an end to this story. We obviously know it continues but I think the deaths and retirements will be semi-permanent and the stories will be smaller for a few years as they work towards the next global threat. Now give me my Black Panther/Spider-Man movie where they battle Kraven the Hunter.