Hi Bryan Here…
It is that time of year so let the predictions begin. Below are all the nominations. What do you think?
ACTOR IN LEADING ROLE
- Javier Bardem in “Biutiful”
- Jeff Bridges in “True Grit”
- Jesse Eisenberg in “The Social Network”
- Colin Firth in “The King’s Speech”
- James Franco in “127 Hours”
Excellent list this year. I bet it goes to Colin Firth, but having Franco,Eisenberg, or Bridges win again would be awesome too.
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
- Christian Bale in “The Fighter”
- John Hawkes in “Winter’s Bone”
- Jeremy Renner in “The Town”
- Mark Ruffalo in “The Kids Are All Right”
- Geoffrey Rush in “The King’s Speech”
Also a great list. I think this is Christian Bale’s year. Although if John Hawkes won, I would be super happy. John is from Deadwood and Eastbound and Down. AWESOME.
ACTRESS IN LEADING ROLE
- Annette Bening in “The Kids Are All Right”
- Nicole Kidman in “Rabbit Hole”
- Jennifer Lawrence in “Winter’s Bone”
- Natalie Portman in “Black Swan”
- Michelle Williams in “Blue Valentine”
Natalie Portman all the way. Nuff Said!!
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
- Amy Adams in “The Fighter”
- Helena Bonham Carter in “The King’s Speech”
- Melissa Leo in “The Fighter”
- Hailee Steinfeld in “True Grit”
- Jacki Weaver in “Animal Kingdom”
GOOO Hailee Steinfeld!!!
ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
- “How to Train Your Dragon” Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois
- “The Illusionist” Sylvain Chomet
- “Toy Story 3” Lee Unkrich
Of course it should be Toy Story 3 unless I would be cool for it going to the other two if Toy Story 3 wins BEST PICTURE.
- “Alice in Wonderland”
Production Design: Robert Stromberg; Set Decoration: Karen O’Hara
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1”
Production Design: Stuart Craig; Set Decoration: Stephenie McMillan
Production Design: Guy Hendrix Dyas; Set Decoration: Larry Dias and Doug Mowat
- “The King’s Speech”
Production Design: Eve Stewart; Set Decoration: Judy Farr
- “True Grit”
Production Design: Jess Gonchor; Set Decoration: Nancy Haigh
Inception or True Grit. Either one is fine with me.
- “Black Swan” Matthew Libatique
- “Inception” Wally Pfister
- “The King’s Speech” Danny Cohen
- “The Social Network” Jeff Cronenweth
- “True Grit” Roger Deakins
Again either Inception or True Grit.
- “Alice in Wonderland” Colleen Atwood
- “I Am Love” Antonella Cannarozzi
- “The King’s Speech” Jenny Beavan
- “The Tempest” Sandy Powell
- “True Grit” Mary Zophres
Alice in Wonderland should win this.
- “Black Swan” Darren Aronofsky
- “The Fighter” David O. Russell
- “The King’s Speech” Tom Hooper
- “The Social Network” David Fincher
- “True Grit” Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
Goooo Darren Aronofsky. How cool would it be for the director of Pi and Requiem for a Dream to win? He deserves it.
- “Exit through the Gift Shop” Banksy and Jaimie D’Cruz
- “Gasland” Josh Fox and Trish Adlesic
- “Inside Job” Charles Ferguson and Audrey Marrs
- “Restrepo” Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger
- “Waste Land” Lucy Walker and Angus Aynsley
ZOMG!!! Banksy got an OSCAR NOD!!!! Give it to him. No telling what would happen. Holy shit!!
DOCUMENTARY (SHORT SUBJECT)
- “Killing in the Name” Nominees to be determined
- “Poster Girl” Nominees to be determined
- “Strangers No More” Karen Goodman and Kirk Simon
- “Sun Come Up” Jennifer Redfearn and Tim Metzger
- “The Warriors of Qiugang” Ruby Yang and Thomas Lennon
Have not seen any of these.
- “Black Swan” Andrew Weisblum
- “The Fighter” Pamela Martin
- “The King’s Speech” Tariq Anwar
- “127 Hours” Jon Harris
- “The Social Network” Angus Wall and Kirk Baxter
Definitely should goto 127 Hours. Scott Pilgrim should be in this category. It really should.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
- “Biutiful” Mexico
- “Dogtooth” Greece
- “In a Better World” Denmark
- “Incendies” Canada
- “Outside the Law (Hors-la-loi)” Algeria
Dogtooth all the way.
- “Barney’s Version” Adrien Morot
- “The Way Back” Edouard F. Henriques, Gregory Funk and Yolanda Toussieng
- “The Wolfman” Rick Baker and Dave Elsey
If Rick Baker is ever nominate it should automatically just go to him. Seriously.
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SCORE)
- “How to Train Your Dragon” John Powell
- “Inception” Hans Zimmer
- “The King’s Speech” Alexandre Desplat
- “127 Hours” A.R. Rahman
- “The Social Network” Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Inception should win or The Social Network.. I’d be happy with those.
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SONG)
- “Coming Home” from “Country Strong” Music and Lyric by Tom Douglas, Troy Verges and Hillary Lindsey
- “I See the Light” from “Tangled” Music by Alan Menken Lyric by Glenn Slater
- “If I Rise” from “127 Hours” Music by A.R. Rahman Lyric by Dido and Rollo Armstrong
- “We Belong Together” from “Toy Story 3″ Music and Lyric by Randy Newman
UMMM! WHAT THE FUCK!!!! No Scott Pilgrim??? Oscars…sometimes you really are the pus on an open wound of a dirty taint. I hate you for not nominating Scott Pilgrim. I don’t want any of these to win. STUPID!
- “Black Swan” Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver and Scott Franklin, Producers
- “The Fighter” David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Mark Wahlberg, Producers
- “Inception” Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan, Producers
- “The Kids Are All Right” Gary Gilbert, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte and Celine Rattray, Producers
- “The King’s Speech” Iain Canning, Emile Sherman and Gareth Unwin, Producers
- “127 Hours” Christian Colson, Danny Boyle and John Smithson, Producers
- “The Social Network” Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca and Ceán Chaffin, Producers
- “Toy Story 3” Darla K. Anderson, Producer
- “True Grit” Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers
- “Winter’s Bone” Anne Rosellini and Alix Madigan-Yorkin, Producers
Black Swan, Toy Story 3, or 127 Hours, or Inception. Pick one.
SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)
- “Day & Night” Teddy Newton
- “The Gruffalo” Jakob Schuh and Max Lang
- “Let’s Pollute” Geefwee Boedoe
- “The Lost Thing” Shaun Tan and Andrew Ruhemann
- “Madagascar, carnet de voyage (Madagascar, a Journey Diary)” Bastien Dubois
Only have seen Day and Night, but that was amazing, so I root for that.
SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)
- “The Confession” Tanel Toom
- “The Crush” Michael Creagh
- “God of Love” Luke Matheny
- “Na Wewe” Ivan Goldschmidt
- “Wish 143” Ian Barnes and Samantha Waite
Have not seen any of these yet.
- “Inception” Richard King
- “Toy Story 3” Tom Myers and Michael Silvers
- “Tron: Legacy” Gwendolyn Yates Whittle and Addison Teague
- “True Grit” Skip Lievsay and Craig Berkey
- “Unstoppable” Mark P. Stoeckinger
Either Toy Story 3 or Inception.
- “Inception” Lora Hirschberg, Gary A. Rizzo and Ed Novick
- “The King’s Speech” Paul Hamblin, Martin Jensen and John Midgley
- “Salt” Jeffrey J. Haboush, Greg P. Russell, Scott Millan and William Sarokin
- “The Social Network” Ren Klyce, David Parker, Michael Semanick and Mark Weingarten
- “True Grit” Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey, Greg Orloff and Peter F. Kurland
What do yall think?