Hey guys, Jana here,
Scream Factory with Morgan Creek Productions is releasing cult favorite ‘The Exorcist III‘ on a 2-disc Collector’s Edition Blu-ray set October 25, 2016. One of the unique features with this special edition is a director’s cut, an alternate version of the film which reflects director William Peter Blatty’s original vision of his novel ‘Legion‘. Starring George C. Scott, Ed Flanders, Brad Dourif, Jason Miller, Nicol Williamson, Scott Wilson and Nancy Fish.
This edition is a must-have to add to your collection, it features a 2K transfer from the inter-positive, 4 hours of special features, and a free 18″x 24″ poster of the new cover art (only for preorders and while supplies last).
For more than fifteen years Police Lieutenant Kinderman (George C. Scott) has been haunted by the death of his friend Father Damien Karras. Now, on the 15th anniversary of the exorcism that claimed the priest’s life, Kinderman’s world is once again shattered when a boy is found decapitated and savagely crucified. It’s just the beginning of a nightmare series of bizarre religious murders.
The brutal murders bear the hallmarks of the infamous Gemini Killer… who died in the electric chair fifteen years ago. But when a psychopath claiming to be the Gemini Killer reveals intimate, gruesome details that only the true killer could possibly know, Kinderman is confronted with a horrifying truth that he cannot begin to explain… and that will shake him to his core.
The Exorcist III [Collector’s Edition] Special Features
DISC ONE: The Exorcist III (Theatrical Cut)
• New 2K scan of the inter-positive
• Vintage featurette
• Deleted Scene/Alternate Takes/Bloopers
• Deleted Prologue
• Vintage interviews (featuring behind-the-scenes footage) with writer/director William Peter Blatty, George C. Scott, Jason Miller, Ed Flanders, Grand L. Bush, executive producer James G. Robinson, production designer Leslie Dilley, Larry King and C. Everett Koop
• Theatrical Trailers
• TV Spots
• Photo Galleries
DISC TWO: Legion (Original Director’s Cut) 105 minutes
• NEW Audio interview with writer/director William Peter Blatty
• NEW A “Wonderfull” Time – interviews with producer Carter DeHaven, actors Clifford David and Tracy Thorne and production assistant Kara Reidy
• NEW Signs of the Gemini – an interview with Brad Dourif
• NEW The Devil in the Details – interview with production designer Leslie Dilley, assistant designer Daren Dochterman and illustrator Simon Murton
• NEW Music for a Padded Cell – an interview with composer Barry DeVorzon
NEW All This Bleeding – a look at the re-shoot and makeup effects with production manager Ronald Colby, editor Todd Ramsay, effects artists William Forsche, Mike Smithson, Brian Wade and actor/body double Charles Powell