This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 at 1:37 pm and is filed under Film, News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Hey guys, Jana here,
Scream Factory is releasing a Collector’s Edition featuring an all new HD transfer Blu-ray of the 1978 sci-fi classic starring Donald Sutherland, Brooke Adams, Jeff Goldblum and Leonard Nimoy, ‘Invasion of the Body Snatchers‘ on August 2, 2016. This special edition is packed with bonus features, a limited-edition collectible slipcover with brand new artwork.
The first remake of the paranoid infiltration classic moves the setting for the invasion from a small town to the city of San Fransisco and starts as Matthew Bennell notices that several of his friends are complaining that their close relatives are in some way different. When questioned later they themselves seem changed as they deny everything or make lame excuses. As the invaders increase in number they become more open and Bennell, who has by now witnessed an attempted “replacement” realises that he and his friends must escape or suffer the same fate. But who can he trust to help him and who has already been snatched?
· NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
· NEW Star-Crossed in The Invasion – an interview with actress Brooke Adams (9 minutes)
· NEW Leading the Invasion – an interview with actor Art Hindle (25 minutes)
· NEW Re-Creating The Invasion – an interview with writer W.D. Richter (16 minutes)
· NEW Scoring the Invasion an interview with composer Denny Zeitlin (15 minutes)
· NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman
· Audio Commentary by director Philip Kaufman
· Re-Visitors From Outer Space, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Pod – including interviews with director Philip Kaufman, screenwriter W.D. Richter, director of photography Michael Chapman and actors Donald Sutherland and Veronica Cartwright (15 minutes)
· Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod (4 minutes)
· The Man Behind The Scream: The Sound Effects Pod – an interview with Ben Burtt and sound editor Bonnie Koehler (12 minutes)
· The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod (5 minutes)
· Theatrical Trailer
· TV Spots
· Radio Spots
· Photo Gallery
· An episode of SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE, Time is Just A Place, based on Jack Finney’s short story. Directed by Jack Arnold.