Jan/2015

Hi, Bryan Here….

I’m psyched that Karl, Ricky, and Stephen are back for another season of ‘The Ricky Gervais show on HBO.  If you haven’t caught this series yet, I implore you to do so.  It will make you cackle with laughter.  Here’s a little taste of the May of episodes of ‘The Ricky Gervais Show’.

Episode #29: “Armed Forces”

Debut: FRIDAY, MAY 4 (9:00-9:30 p.m. ET/PT)

Other HBO playdates: May 4 (midnight), 6 (3:45 a.m.), 7 (11:00 p.m.) and 8 (midnight)

HBO2 playdates: May 5 (8:00 p.m.) and 10 (1:10 a.m.)

Karl learns from Ricky that he is very popular among members of the armed services and recounts how, as a kid, he looked up to his older brother, who was in the army, and longed to join himself because he made his bed so neatly. Also, Karl describes a harrowing day when he defended a pie from a bank robber, among other acts of bravery.

Episode #30: “Room 102”

Debut: FRIDAY, MAY 11 (9:00-9:30 p.m.)

Other HBO playdates: May 11 (midnight), 13 (3:50 a.m.), 14 (10:30 p.m.) and 15 (midnight)

HBO2 playdates: May 12 (8:30 p.m.) and 17 (2:20 a.m.)

Ricky suggests they play “Room 102,” a take on George Orwell’s Room 101 from “1984,” and asks Karl what he would banish to Room 102 forever. Also, Karl shares his idea for keeping overweight people from eating in the middle of the night, and chooses the one item he would take with him if stranded on a desert island.

Episode #31: “Karl’s Day”

Debut: FRIDAY, MAY 18 (9:00-9:30 p.m.)

Other HBO playdates: May 18 (midnight), 20 (4:15 a.m.), 21 (11:15 p.m.) and 22 (midnight)

HBO2 playdates: May 19 (8:30 p.m.) and 24 (2:25 a.m.)

After Karl insists that he is really a happy-go-lucky guy at heart, spending most of his time home alone on DIY projects, Ricky and Stephen ask him to take them through a typical day in his life.

Episode #32: “The English”

Debut: FRIDAY, MAY 25 (9:00-9:30 p.m.)

Other HBO playdates: May 25 (midnight), 27 (4:15 a.m.), 28 (11:40 p.m.) and 29 (midnight)

HBO2 playdates: May 26 (8:30 p.m.) and 31 (1:35 a.m.)

Ricky, Stephen and Karl take turns describing the quintessential Englishman, and Karl explains why, if he could be any nationality other than English, he’d choose to be Italian.

Post to Twitter Post to Facebook

One Response to “Find Out What’s In Store For ‘The Ricky Gervais Show’ In May!!!”

1. Adel Says:

I like this concept alot, I like the Karl Pilkington aiamitnon, it suits him, but the Steve Merchant and Ricky Gervais characters could have contained alot more Um Character?! All three of them make great cartoon characters, especially Merchants lanky self.? Dunno, just think they let the side down. To see Gervais’s pointy teeth laughing away, and his annoyance with Karl would have been better. Altho I am loving the cut away stuff.

Movie Quotes

Good Will Hunting (1997)
Sean Maguire:
Thought about what you said to me the other day, about my painting. Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me... fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?
Will Hunting:
Sean Maguire:
You're just a kid, you don't have the faintest idea what you're talkin' about.
Will Hunting:
Why thank you.
Sean Maguire:
It's all right. You've never been out of Boston.
Will Hunting:
Nope.
Sean Maguire:
So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my fucking life apart. You're an orphan right?
[Will nods]
Sean Maguire:
You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally... I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't read in some fuckin' book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that do you sport? You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.
The Movie Quotes