This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 25th, 2011 at 1:56 pm and is filed under Film, News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Hi Bryan Here…
It is that time of year so let the predictions begin. Below are all the nominations. What do you think?
ACTOR IN LEADING ROLE
- Javier Bardem in “Biutiful”
- Jeff Bridges in “True Grit”
- Jesse Eisenberg in “The Social Network”
- Colin Firth in “The King’s Speech”
- James Franco in “127 Hours”
Excellent list this year. I bet it goes to Colin Firth, but having Franco,Eisenberg, or Bridges win again would be awesome too.
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
- Christian Bale in “The Fighter”
- John Hawkes in “Winter’s Bone”
- Jeremy Renner in “The Town”
- Mark Ruffalo in “The Kids Are All Right”
- Geoffrey Rush in “The King’s Speech”
Also a great list. I think this is Christian Bale’s year. Although if John Hawkes won, I would be super happy. John is from Deadwood and Eastbound and Down. AWESOME.
ACTRESS IN LEADING ROLE
- Annette Bening in “The Kids Are All Right”
- Nicole Kidman in “Rabbit Hole”
- Jennifer Lawrence in “Winter’s Bone”
- Natalie Portman in “Black Swan”
- Michelle Williams in “Blue Valentine”
Natalie Portman all the way. Nuff Said!!
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
- Amy Adams in “The Fighter”
- Helena Bonham Carter in “The King’s Speech”
- Melissa Leo in “The Fighter”
- Hailee Steinfeld in “True Grit”
- Jacki Weaver in “Animal Kingdom”
GOOO Hailee Steinfeld!!!
ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
- “How to Train Your Dragon” Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois
- “The Illusionist” Sylvain Chomet
- “Toy Story 3” Lee Unkrich
Of course it should be Toy Story 3 unless I would be cool for it going to the other two if Toy Story 3 wins BEST PICTURE.
- “Alice in Wonderland”
Production Design: Robert Stromberg; Set Decoration: Karen O’Hara
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1”
Production Design: Stuart Craig; Set Decoration: Stephenie McMillan
Production Design: Guy Hendrix Dyas; Set Decoration: Larry Dias and Doug Mowat
- “The King’s Speech”
Production Design: Eve Stewart; Set Decoration: Judy Farr
- “True Grit”
Production Design: Jess Gonchor; Set Decoration: Nancy Haigh
Inception or True Grit. Either one is fine with me.
- “Black Swan” Matthew Libatique
- “Inception” Wally Pfister
- “The King’s Speech” Danny Cohen
- “The Social Network” Jeff Cronenweth
- “True Grit” Roger Deakins
Again either Inception or True Grit.
- “Alice in Wonderland” Colleen Atwood
- “I Am Love” Antonella Cannarozzi
- “The King’s Speech” Jenny Beavan
- “The Tempest” Sandy Powell
- “True Grit” Mary Zophres
Alice in Wonderland should win this.
- “Black Swan” Darren Aronofsky
- “The Fighter” David O. Russell
- “The King’s Speech” Tom Hooper
- “The Social Network” David Fincher
- “True Grit” Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
Goooo Darren Aronofsky. How cool would it be for the director of Pi and Requiem for a Dream to win? He deserves it.
- “Exit through the Gift Shop” Banksy and Jaimie D’Cruz
- “Gasland” Josh Fox and Trish Adlesic
- “Inside Job” Charles Ferguson and Audrey Marrs
- “Restrepo” Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger
- “Waste Land” Lucy Walker and Angus Aynsley
ZOMG!!! Banksy got an OSCAR NOD!!!! Give it to him. No telling what would happen. Holy shit!!
DOCUMENTARY (SHORT SUBJECT)
- “Killing in the Name” Nominees to be determined
- “Poster Girl” Nominees to be determined
- “Strangers No More” Karen Goodman and Kirk Simon
- “Sun Come Up” Jennifer Redfearn and Tim Metzger
- “The Warriors of Qiugang” Ruby Yang and Thomas Lennon
Have not seen any of these.
- “Black Swan” Andrew Weisblum
- “The Fighter” Pamela Martin
- “The King’s Speech” Tariq Anwar
- “127 Hours” Jon Harris
- “The Social Network” Angus Wall and Kirk Baxter
Definitely should goto 127 Hours. Scott Pilgrim should be in this category. It really should.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
- “Biutiful” Mexico
- “Dogtooth” Greece
- “In a Better World” Denmark
- “Incendies” Canada
- “Outside the Law (Hors-la-loi)” Algeria
Dogtooth all the way.
- “Barney’s Version” Adrien Morot
- “The Way Back” Edouard F. Henriques, Gregory Funk and Yolanda Toussieng
- “The Wolfman” Rick Baker and Dave Elsey
If Rick Baker is ever nominate it should automatically just go to him. Seriously.
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SCORE)
- “How to Train Your Dragon” John Powell
- “Inception” Hans Zimmer
- “The King’s Speech” Alexandre Desplat
- “127 Hours” A.R. Rahman
- “The Social Network” Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Inception should win or The Social Network.. I’d be happy with those.
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SONG)
- “Coming Home” from “Country Strong” Music and Lyric by Tom Douglas, Troy Verges and Hillary Lindsey
- “I See the Light” from “Tangled” Music by Alan Menken Lyric by Glenn Slater
- “If I Rise” from “127 Hours” Music by A.R. Rahman Lyric by Dido and Rollo Armstrong
- “We Belong Together” from “Toy Story 3″ Music and Lyric by Randy Newman
UMMM! WHAT THE FUCK!!!! No Scott Pilgrim??? Oscars…sometimes you really are the pus on an open wound of a dirty taint. I hate you for not nominating Scott Pilgrim. I don’t want any of these to win. STUPID!
- “Black Swan” Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver and Scott Franklin, Producers
- “The Fighter” David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Mark Wahlberg, Producers
- “Inception” Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan, Producers
- “The Kids Are All Right” Gary Gilbert, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte and Celine Rattray, Producers
- “The King’s Speech” Iain Canning, Emile Sherman and Gareth Unwin, Producers
- “127 Hours” Christian Colson, Danny Boyle and John Smithson, Producers
- “The Social Network” Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca and Ceán Chaffin, Producers
- “Toy Story 3” Darla K. Anderson, Producer
- “True Grit” Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers
- “Winter’s Bone” Anne Rosellini and Alix Madigan-Yorkin, Producers
Black Swan, Toy Story 3, or 127 Hours, or Inception. Pick one.
SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)
- “Day & Night” Teddy Newton
- “The Gruffalo” Jakob Schuh and Max Lang
- “Let’s Pollute” Geefwee Boedoe
- “The Lost Thing” Shaun Tan and Andrew Ruhemann
- “Madagascar, carnet de voyage (Madagascar, a Journey Diary)” Bastien Dubois
Only have seen Day and Night, but that was amazing, so I root for that.
SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)
- “The Confession” Tanel Toom
- “The Crush” Michael Creagh
- “God of Love” Luke Matheny
- “Na Wewe” Ivan Goldschmidt
- “Wish 143” Ian Barnes and Samantha Waite
Have not seen any of these yet.
- “Inception” Richard King
- “Toy Story 3” Tom Myers and Michael Silvers
- “Tron: Legacy” Gwendolyn Yates Whittle and Addison Teague
- “True Grit” Skip Lievsay and Craig Berkey
- “Unstoppable” Mark P. Stoeckinger
Either Toy Story 3 or Inception.
- “Inception” Lora Hirschberg, Gary A. Rizzo and Ed Novick
- “The King’s Speech” Paul Hamblin, Martin Jensen and John Midgley
- “Salt” Jeffrey J. Haboush, Greg P. Russell, Scott Millan and William Sarokin
- “The Social Network” Ren Klyce, David Parker, Michael Semanick and Mark Weingarten
- “True Grit” Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey, Greg Orloff and Peter F. Kurland
What do yall think?